Work with us.
We’re here to make a difference and we need your help! Do you love local? We are a locally owned café and what will truly set us apart is our people. We are excited to offer various roles, to take care of our guests. If you are seeking a place to be treated like family, grow your career, and if you are a team player that appreciates and practices common courtesy, please apply below! Must be available to work various shifts Thursdays through Tuesdays, between 7am – 4pm. Closed Wednesdays.
Our café is hiring for a personable dishwasher who can work in a fast paced environment and manage the stress of a busy kitchen. Reliable and with a strong work ethic, you are essential to our dish pit crew and back of house team. Easy-going and motivated by your environment, you must have a love of getting things cleaned. You will be responsible for washing and properly sanitizing kitchen dishes and equipment. Keeping the dish pit tidy and closing out the kitchen with the back of house team.
Primary duties include collecting and properly scrubbing, washing and sanitizing dishes, glasses, and cutlery, along with all pots, pans, and all prep dish. Keeping the kitchen tidy, neat and clean is an essential role. Restock of all dish after it is dried a must.
The ideal candidate will be: punctual, able to work alone, and be organized with a strong knowledge of kitchen operations and processes.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Collect all dishes, cutlery, and glasses
- Ensure all dishes, cutlery, and glasses are properly cleaned & sanitized before further use
- Clean kitchen tools and appliances properly before and after use
- Clean kitchen floors, storage areas, and take out the trash; close out the kitchen with the back of house team
- Keep cupboards and storage area clean and organized
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning
standards; follow proper washing procedures for sanitation of kitchenware and equipment
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds at a time on a regular basis
- Shifts are 11am – 4pm; Saturdays, 9am -4pm; Sundays 11pm-4pm
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.